Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching Up














Gosh! I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. Crazy weekend and so much on my mind. Friday night Hailey and I went to get our haircut and to my surprise Hailey decided to get her hair cut up to her chin...I think it was about 6 inches maybe more. It looks so cute and it's even better that it was her idea. Its so much easier to take care of and now she can comb it out herself with no knots left in it. :) Hunter spent the night at his Aunt Tina's on Saturday night and Hailey went to my aunt's house to spend the night. My parents went out for dinner with the other managers from mom's work so I had a night to myself. I spent the evening with my best friend....we just got some supper and rented movies, but it was so nice to have a quiet night at home with him. Sunday I spent the day with him and my dad at the Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show. My dad has called in the Turkey Calling Contest there for the last 3 or 4 years. So nice to spend some quality time with my dad doing something that he loves to do. Even though he didn't have any sons, Abby and I always tried to do some of the things he enjoyed. I will be honest, I didn't always enjoy doing them, but I know it made him happy and that's all that matters. Monday night we started a 10 week grief counseling program with Hailey. It's geared towards children who have lost a loved one, but there are sessions for the adults that bring the children to the program. Mom and dad were in a group for parents who have lost a child and I was in another group for those that have lost siblings or other close relatives. The program is amazing and I really think it is something that we all need. Hailey really enjoyed the orientation and couldn't wait until our sessions actually started.

My picture today is of Hailey in front of a butterfly display at "The Caring Place" (that's the name of the program). Hailey also has on one of Ab's hoodies that she wore a lot. I think it helps her feel closer to her. I know when I wear something of hers it makes me feel just a little bit closer to her. It was so irronic that this display was there because Abby's "trademark" was butterflies. We have all started to take notice to anything with butterflies more so now than before. I even went and got a tattoo of one on the top of my left foot 1 week after Ab died. She had a tattoo of one on the top of her right foot. I will add the picture of my tattoo as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment